[Lustre-discuss] Lustre::LFS + Lustre::Info (inc. lustre-info.pl) available on the CPAN

Adrian Ulrich adrian at blinkenlights.ch
Thu Jul 29 10:02:26 PDT 2010

Hi Frederik,

> If you've got a lot of OSTs on  your server you need a wide monitor for some
> of the options like  --monitor=ost-patterns for all OSTs...

The output format is not ideal, but it's a good reason to upgrade your
workstation to a dualhead configuration ;-)

> Looking at   the code it seems the value for 'setattr' is missing from the stats file
> for some of our OSTs. Looking at the stats file, indeed the setattr line
> is missing for some OSTs.

As Andreas already said: If 'setattr' is missing, there was no setattr operation (yet).
Changing
 > printf(", %s=%5.1f R/s",$type,$stats->{$type}/$slice);
into
 > printf(", %s=%5.1f R/s",$type,(($stats->{$type}||0)/$slice) );

should fix the warning. (The totals are ok, because in perl  undef/$x == 0/$x)

> 'lustre-info.pl --monitor=io-size' seems to sit at "collecting data,
> please wait..." for a very long time until I killed it, I have not had
> the time to debug this yet.

I never tested it with anything else than 1.8.1.1 but this should be
trivial to fix:

Could you mail me the output of
 /proc/fs/lustre/obdfilter/##SOME_OST##/exports/##A_RANDOM_NID##/brw_stats ?

Regards,
 Adrian

--
 RFC 1925:
   (11) Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and