[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.8.3 on kernel 2.6.22

Jonas Ambrus jonas.ambrus at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 7 11:57:37 PDT 2010

Hi Guys,

i tried to compile lustre 1.8.3 on kernel 2.6.22 (vanilla-config).
The configure-script of lustre works fine. But when I try to make the
lustre it fails with the following reason:
___________
Applying ext3-big-endian-check-2.6.22-vanilla
1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file fs/ext3/super.c.rej
Patch ext3-big-endian-check-2.6.22-vanilla does not apply (enforce with -f)
I already tried to force it, but after that it's just a big mess and
doesn't help ;)
Do you have any suggestion to solve this problem?

Background:
I want to compile it because I also need a KVM-Module in my kernel.
I'm using CentOS 5.4 but I'm also open for any another solution.

Thanks for your help!

So long...

Jonas