[Lustre-discuss] Slow read performance after ~700MB-2GB

Jason Rappleye jason.rappleye at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 9 17:36:48 PDT 2010

On Jun 9, 2010, at 1:51 PM, Jason Rappleye wrote:

> I haven't tried to reproduce this problem with a 1.8.2 client yet, but
> I should be able to sneak in a test this week and see if it works as
> expected.

Same behavior with what is essentially a 1.8.2.0-24chaos client
(changes to it are inconsequential) and SLES 10 SP2 kernel
2.6.16.60-0.42.5 + some local patches. Those patches *should* be
inconsequential as well - mostly changes to the OOM handler, IIRC
(which isn't an issue here).

Our vendor already has a case on this - I'll go ahead and have them
file a BZ.

Thanks,

Jason Rappleye
System Administrator