[Lustre-discuss] Upgrading From Lustre 1.4 to 1.8

Kevin Van Maren kevin.van.maren at oracle.com
Thu Jun 10 13:29:27 PDT 2010

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 16:04 -0400, Adam wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

> Hi,
>

>> Would lustre 1.8 be able to work with an LFS created by 1.4?
>>

> As 1.4 has been EOL for nearly (if not more) 2 years now, we have done
> no interoperability testing between 1.4 and 1.8.  I would be very
> surprised if they do inter-operate.

Actually it was June 2009 -- barely one year ago.  It is Lustre 1.6 that
is being driven to EOL
very quickly -- scheduled for this month.

I believe the older Lustre 1.6 manual covered the necessary migration
steps from 1.4 -- it was NOT as
painless as moving from 1.6 to 1.8.  The process might also be in the
mail archives.