[Lustre-discuss] OFED 1.5.1 on Clients

Jason Rappleye jason.rappleye at nasa.gov
Thu Jun 17 14:01:34 PDT 2010

On Jun 17, 2010, at 1:23 PM, Roger Spellman wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anyone share their experiences using OFED 1.5.1 on Lustre
> Clients?  This is needed because RHAT 5.5 does not support OFED 1.4.2.

We're using it with ~9300 clients running Lustre 1.6.6 and haven't
identified any OFED 1.5.1-specific issues. If you're using 1.6.x and
haven't done so already, you'll want to apply bug 19520 attach 23498.

We just deployed 1.8.2 on a separate cluster with ~130 clients and
haven't seen any OFED-specific issues there, either. While we did see
some failures when running acc-sm with the stack of software we use
here, none of those had anything to do with the version of OFED we
were running.

We're using SLES10 SP{2,3}, OFED bits built by SGI, not what's
included in the distro.

Your mileage, of course, may vary :-)

Jason

--