[Lustre-discuss] SLES11, lustre 1.82 with lvm and multipathing problems

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 06:59:57 PDT 2010

Hi List!

Matthias wrote:
>Hi Atul,
>thanks for your reply.
>Now we use multipathing without LVM and it works fine.
>So the problem comes from LVM.
>
>Cheers,
>Matthias

I am very interested in hearing more details about this.   There is a
cluster which I wish to upgrade/clean-install  to version 1.8.3 or
1.8.4 (currently 1.6.7) and I desire to use both LVM and multipathing.
  The current set-up does use multipathing but not LVM.   I was hoping
to introduce LVM into the new build to enable more efficient snap-shot
backups and expandability on the MDT disks.

Do you know what the conflicts are with the multipathing and LVM?
Was the case-in-point multpathing and LVM on MDT volumes or other?

I appreciate your kindness in sharing your experience.

Sincerely,
megan

SGI Federal