[Lustre-discuss] Question on lustre redundancy/failure features

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 10:10:13 PDT 2010

> We should get you started out correctly with nomenclature and concepts.

Thanks for the clarification, it really helped my understanding :)

Unfortunately, after all the much appreciated responses, it seems that
Lustre is not the solution I'm looking for. I was hoping that to use
it as an easily expandable storage cluster with the equivalent of
network RAID 5 across 3 machines with RAID 1 physical disks.

This storage cluster/SAN would then hold VM images for several VM
servers. This way, I thought it would make recovery of any machine
easy, I just have to mount the network storage on a
working/replacement server and boot up the VMs originally hosted on a
failed server.

Somebody else pointed out that I might be looking for OpenFiler instead.