[Lustre-discuss] LUN reassignment DDN and OSS

Kit Westneat kwestneat at ddn.com
Thu Mar 4 04:32:58 PST 2010

Hi Syed,

If I'm not mistaken, Lustre uses a 4k block size anyways, so I don't
think there is even a space penalty for going to 4k blocks. Due to the
physical 512b sector size for the disks, 4k blocks also means that the
s2a never has to do any unnecessary reads to complete a write. So all
around 4k is the way to go.

You might want to rezone them just to make sure, also try reloading the
FC driver/rebooting to make sure that the HBA has rescanned the bus.

Thanks,
Kit

--
---