[Lustre-discuss] inode size with mkfs

Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 06:04:46 PST 2010

We are running stock Centos5.4 which has

# rpm -qa | grep grub
grub-0.97-13.5

# grub --version
grub (GNU GRUB 0.97)

which obviously doesn't have support for 256byte inodes.

We don't actually install our oss's from a distro dvd.  We have a bootable USB disk which is just an image of an oss and we rsync it into place (after formatting the partitions).  This method is VERY useful for disaster recovery.  If we loose / or have booting problems, we can boot of the usb disk and get our oss back quickly.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm900 at gmail.com