[Lustre-discuss] lfs and df

Andreas Dilger adilger at sun.com
Fri Mar 12 02:54:08 PST 2010

On 2010-03-11, at 08:13, Brian Andrus wrote:
> New(ish) to  lustre, but have a quick question that I cannot seem to
> find anything about.
>
> In version 1.6, 'lfs df ' shows all mounted lustre filesystems.
> On a box that I put the 1.8 client/modules, it only shows the last
> filesystem mounted unless I specifically request it (eg: df /work).
>
> Is this normal/by design?

What version of 1.8 do you have?  I recall this bug from a while ago,
but I thought it was fixed.  Testing with 1.8.1.57 (early internal
version of 1.8.2) I still see this problem.

"lfs df" should behave like "df" in this respect, printing the stats
for all of the filesystems.  I've filed bug 22327 for this issue, and
it already has a patch for the fix.  The only affected release is 1.8.2.

Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group
Sun Microsystems of Canada, Inc.