[Lustre-discuss] Running fsck on disabled ost?

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at uit.no
Thu Mar 18 10:36:47 PDT 2010

Hi.

Is it possible to fsck on a disabled and drained OST that is mounted readonly?

We need to fsck an OST and would like to avoid a lengthy downtime while doing
it.  My plan is to disable and drain the files from the OST and then remount it
read-only before running fsck on the partition.  This would allow for the
system being online during this operation instead of hanging on all df
commands etc.  But is it at all possible to do it this way?  I would like to
avoid any large scale catastrophic events...

Regards,
r.

--
  The Computer Center, University of Tromsø, N-9037 TROMSØ Norway.
              phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00
         Direct call: +47 77 64 62 56. email: roy.dragseth at uit.no