[Lustre-discuss] How to force client-oss communication over IB when the MDS has only ethernet?

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Mar 23 08:41:32 PDT 2010

>At the moment, it seems that all the traffic between clients-OSS goes
>also through the slow eth connection.  Is it possible to force them to
>use faster IB interfaces when communication with each other, and only
>use eth to communicate with the MDS?

Stupid question time: is it possible that you added the IB interface to
the OSSes _after_ you created the filesystems on the OSSes?

(I know that the MDS remembers the interfaces that are on it at MDS
creation time, and you have to do an extra step to tell it about any
new interfaces; I think the same is true of the OSSes, but I am not
100% sure).

--Ken