[Lustre-discuss] SLES11 'make rpms' dies

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Mar 24 14:22:02 PDT 2010

Dardo D Kleiner - CONTRACTOR wrote:
> It would appear that the kernel patches necessary to build Lustre
> server bits have not been applied (and I guess you insisted with
> --enable-server otherwise it shouldn't have even tried).

Doesn't the

	quilt push -a

do the patching?

I was following the directions on the web page when it died the first
time.  I read some more from the various readme's for SLES in the 1.8.2
distribution.  It suggests using --enable-server and several other things.

Where I'd like to get to is just building the kernel modules for the
"patchless" client on .42 or .45.  I didn't see instructions on that.
Any pointers welcomed.

regards,

--
Joe Landman