[Lustre-discuss] 1.8/2.6.32 support

Stephen Willey Stephen.Willey at framestore.com
Wed Mar 31 09:16:48 PDT 2010

Obviously there is no RH-6.0 just yet (at least not beta or release) and as such 2.6.32 is not on the supported kernels list - obviously fair enough.

There are bugzilla entries with patches for 2.6.32 but these all apply to HEAD as opposed to the b1_8 branch.  Particularly all the stuff that applied against libcfs/blah/blah.m4

I'm trying to build an up-to-date patchless 1.8 client for Fedora 12 (2.6.32) and given a few hours to mash patches from HEAD into b1_8, it's doable, albeit hacky (I'm not a programmer) whereas I can compile HEAD almost without modification.

Is it the intention to backport these various changes into b1_8 or is that more or less as-is now until the release of 2.0?  We're in a bit of an awkward place since we can't compile 1.6.7.2 on 2.6.32 and 2.0 is still not in a production state.

I'd certainly offer to help with the backporting, but if you saw the quality of the patch mashing I do, I doubt you'd want them :-)

--
Stephen Willey
Senior Systems Engineer