[Lustre-discuss] [Fwd: Re: Problems with fstab entry on sles11]

Gregory Matthews greg.matthews at diamond.ac.uk
Tue May 4 00:43:32 PDT 2010

oops... this was meant for the list...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Lustre-discuss] Problems with fstab entry on sles11
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 08:42:37 +0100
From: Gregory Matthews <greg.matthews at diamond.ac.uk>
To: Brian J. Murrell <Brian.Murrell at oracle.com>
<1272899317.4321.49.camel at pc.interlinx.bc.ca>

+1 on the "driving me nuts" bit. We have some detector hosts running
OpenSuse (go figure) with /almost/ vanilla kernels. My eventual solution
was to find the Suse equivalent to rc.local which is
/etc/init.d/after.local:

dec074:~> cat /etc/init.d/after.local
modprobe lustre
mount -a

This is run by /etc/init.d/rc by default.

GREG

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 10:43 -0400, Ken Hornstein wrote:
>> _netdev still works in the sense that it prevents the mount command from
>> mounting those filesystems at the normal time.
>
> Yes, I believe this was covered in one of the bugs I pointed to, but
> worth mentioning here.
>
>> But there's nothing that
>> comes around and mounts those after the network is up
>
> Indeed.
>
>> As far as I can tell, your only option is to create a (presumably simple)
>> script that goes and mounts your Lustre filesystem after the network is
>> up.
>
> Or resurrect the "netfs" initscript from somewhere that does this second
> phase network dependent mounting.
>
> b.

Greg Matthews            01235 778658
Senior Computer Systems Administrator