[Lustre-discuss] Compiling lustre 1.8.X on Ubuntu LTS 10.04

Brian J. Murrell Brian.Murrell at Oracle.COM
Tue May 4 04:21:13 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 12:38 +0200, Ramiro Alba Queipo wrote:
> Hi everybody,

Hi,

> I would like if anybody is trying to compile lustre 1.8.X on Ubuntu LTS
> 10.4/Debian testing(squeeze),

Not yet, although I am typically the first one around here to do the
Ubuntu kernel porting (or at least reporting where it breaks if I cannot
figure out how to fix it), I have not yet done a port to 10.4.  Porting
to new Ubuntu releases is something I only get to when there are spare
cycles and there have not been any of those for a while.  I have not
even had time to do any 10.4 upgrades of my test client or day-to-day
client.

> In file included from src/init.c:70:
> ./include/xtio.h:140: error: conflicting types for 'preadv'
> /usr/include/sys/uio.h:66: error: previous declaration of 'preadv' was
> here
> ./include/xtio.h:259: error: conflicting types for 'pwritev'
> /usr/include/sys/uio.h:78: error: previous declaration of 'pwritev' was
> here

Looks like some kernel API changes.  You might try searching our
bugzilla to see if anyone has encountered this on any of the "newer
kernel" porting activities that are going on.

> lov_pack.c:497: warning: dereferencing pointer 'lumv1' does break
> strict-aliasing rules

This is bug 22588.

b.