[Lustre-discuss] Ldiskfs corrupt

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Tue May 18 20:47:48 PDT 2010

On 2010-05-18, at 21:07, 恩强周 wrote:
> I had a old OSS server (running lustre-1.4.6)  failed. Dmesg reported "LDISK-fs: journal inode deleted!" when mounting lustre device.Then I tried to mount it with ldiskfs option, it still reported same message. Can I get data back through some other ways?Anyone can give me a help?

Run "e2fsck -f" with the latest Lustre-patched version of e2fsprogs to fix this problem (and likely others as well).  If the journal inode is lost, then you probably have other filesystem corruption.

Afterward, you can recreate the journal inode with "tune2fs -j /dev/XXX".

Lustre Technical Lead
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.