[Lustre-discuss] What do you think of this idea?

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Wed May 19 11:44:07 PDT 2010

I just had another idea but again since I know very little about how Lustre
works, I'll need some input.

What if I take a single workstation and attach to it via iSCSI two Drobo
disk arrays. Would it be possible to run both the metadata and the object
storage off of a single machine? Two maxed out Drobo arrays gets 32TB of
space. It costs more but would this be better then adding disks to existing
workstations where we cant control the environment(ie users)?

--
Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities, we
didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college! You don't