[Lustre-discuss] Recovery Problem

Johann Lombardi johann at sun.com
Thu May 20 04:28:59 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 12:29:41PM +0200, Stefano Elmopi wrote:
> Hi Andreas
> My version of Lustre 1.8.3
> Sorry for my bad English but I used the wrong word, "crash" is not the
> right word.
> I try to explain better, I start copying a large file on the file system
> and while the copy process continues, I reboot the server OSS,
> and the copy process enters state "- stalled -".
> I expected that once the server back online, the copy process to resume
> normal
> and complete copy of the file, instead the copy process fault.
> Therefore the copy process that goes wrong, Lustre continues to perform
> good.

May 19 13:46:31 mdt01prdpom kernel: LustreError: 167-0: This client was
evicted by lustre01-OST0000; in progress operations using this service
will fail.

The cp process failed because the client got evicted by the OSS.
We need to look at the OSS logs to figure out the root cause of
the eviction.

Johann