[Lustre-discuss] Lustre client mount

Sergey Arlashin s.arlashin at gmail.com
Thu May 27 08:18:36 PDT 2010

Hi!
I have a Lustre storage named "storage" and usually I mount it with command:

mount -t lustre 192.168.15.241:/storage /mnt/lustrefs
I wonder if it is possible to mount only a particular folder from the Lustre
storage? Like nfs? I mean.. for example.. I have a folder named "folder1"
and I want to mount it on a client, so in case of nfs i do the following:
mount -t nfs nfsserver.com:/nfsstorage/folder1 /mnt/nfs
And it works!
But when I try to do this with lustre by issuing:
mount -t lustre lustreserver.com:/storage/particularfolder /mnt/lustrefs
I get the following error:

mount -t lustre lustreserver.com:/storage/particularfolder /mnt/lustrefs
failed: Invalid argument
This may have multiple causes.
Is 'storage/particularfolder' the correct filesystem name?
Are the mount options correct?
Check the syslog for more info.

I have a great deal of clients and I really don't want to attach the whole
lustre storage to each of them due to security issues.

-----
WBR, Sergey Arlashin