[Lustre-discuss] My OST is fault...

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Mon Nov 1 12:17:30 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-25, at 12:07, Warp Tseng wrote:
> === Error 1 ===
> oss1:~ # mount -t lustre /dev/sdd1 /mnt/wk2-ost1
> mount.lustre: mount /dev/sdd1 at /mnt/wk2-ost1 failed: Invalid argument
> This may have multiple causes.
> Are the mount options correct?
> Check the syslog for more info.
> === Error 1 ===

Did you check the syslog for more info, like the message said?

> === Error 2 ===
> oss1:~ # e2fsck /dev/sdd1
> e2fsck 1.41.10.sun2 (24-Feb-2010)
> e2fsck: MMP: fsck being run while trying to open /dev/sdd1

I assume you are not running e2fsck on another node?  Perhaps you had started e2fsck previously and killed it?  If you are sure e2fsck is not being run, you can use:

tune2fs -f -E clear-mmp /dev/sdd1

to clear this flag, and then run "e2fsck -fy /dev/sdd1" again.

Lustre Technical Lead
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.