[Lustre-discuss] [Lustre-devel] List of Lustre Projects

Andreas Dilger ANDREAS.DILGER at oracle.com
Mon Nov 1 12:43:14 PDT 2010

On 2010-11-01, at 10:21, James Simmons wrote:
>> due to a number of people asking me for Lustre projects to work on, I created a list of projects that do not currently have anyone working on them.

[snip]

>> Some projects that I think are of particular importance to the community at large are the cleanup and/or removal of the
>> server-side kernel patches, and cleanup/reduction of the ldiskfs patches.
>
> Could you also include wide stripe support (bug 4424) and SMP scaling (bug
> 19411) as well. It would be nice to have those in Lustre 2.1.

Those projects already have dedicated developers and do not really need extra development assistance from the community (though testing is always welcome).

The intent of the Lustre Project List is to steer developers that are looking for projects to work on to a project that benefits many users.

Lustre Technical Lead
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.