[Lustre-discuss] Serious error: objid already exists; is this filesystem corrupt?

Christopher Walker cwalker at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 3 19:22:05 PDT 2010

We recently had a hardware failure on one of our OSTs, which has caused
some major problems for our 1.6.6-based array.

We're now getting the error:

Serious error: objid 517386 already exists; is this filesystem corrupt?

on one of our OSTs.  If I mount this OST as ldiskfs and look in O/0/d*,
the highest objid I see is 870397, considerably higher than 517386.
We've taken this OST through a round of e2fsck
and ll_recover_lost_found_objs, during which it restored a lot of lost
files, and e2fsck on this OST and on the MDT don't currently show any
problems.  Can I simply edit O/0/LAST_ID, set it to 870397, and expect
files with objid between 517386 and 870397 to come back?

Also, I could be wrong, but it looks like ll_recover_lost_found_objs.c
only looks for lost files up to LAST_ID -- if I reset LAST_ID to 870397,
should I rerun ll_recover_lost_found_objs?

Many thanks in advance,
Chris