[Lustre-discuss] Resizing OSTs?

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at uit.no
Tue Nov 9 05:06:44 PST 2010

We have replaced all our hardrives with ones twice the size (because of some
problems with the drive type we had).

It would be nice to make use of the extra volume and I'm wondering if we can
just take down the OST, extend the logical partition on the array, run
resize2fs on the filesystem and be good to go?  Will the MDT just pick up the
new OST size automatically?

We do not plan to resize the MDT as it still has less than 5% fill-degree.

Regards,
Roy.

--

  The Computer Center, University of Tromsø, N-9037 TROMSØ Norway.
	      phone:+47 77 64 41 07, fax:+47 77 64 41 00
	 Direct call: +47 77 64 62 56. email: roy.dragseth at uit.no