[Lustre-discuss] Resizing OSTs?

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 9 05:28:13 PST 2010

I tried to resize OST a couple years ago. Before I touched production OST I
set up a sandbox lustre and tried to resize operation on it and it worked.
However when it came to resize the production OST rsize2fs failed
(segfaulted) at the end of the process. This was several e2fsprogs releases
ago so a lot might have changed since then. Also the production filesystem
was 70% used whereas the test lustre was almost empty. Anyway if you are
going to try it I recommend to get the latest e2fsprogs and also increasing
stack limit to unlimited which may help avoid those pesky segfaults.

Best regards,

Wojciech