[Lustre-discuss] Delete ost

Wang Yibin wang.yibin at oracle.com
Thu Nov 18 06:10:51 PST 2010

Hi,

在 2010-11-17,下午5:18, Thomas Johansson 写道:

> Hi all,
>
> I accidentally added an ost using an fsname belonging to another fs than what was intended.

I am not sure I understand - Do you have multiple filesystems sharing the same MGS?
What exactly are the steps that you use an OST for another filesystem?

> I have deactivated it on both mds and clients. Now I would like to erase all tracks of it and
> reformat the ost.
> As far as I can see the only option is to deactivate it, thus preventing further use of it.
> How can I completely delete it ?
> I guess rm -rf /proc/fs/lustre/osc/fs-OST0004-osc/ is not an option.

To remove an OST, first you need to deactiviate (temporarily) corresponding osc device on your MDT, then move out files that have objects on that OST to a different dir, then permanently deactivate the OST using "lctl conf_param".