[Lustre-discuss] Cannot mount MDS: Lustre: Denying initial registration attempt from nid 10.201.62.11 at o2ib, specified as failover

Adrian Ulrich adrian at blinkenlights.ch
Mon Nov 22 10:37:10 PST 2010

Hi Kevin,

> > # tunefs.lustre --param mdt.quota_type=ug /dev/md10
> > and this alone was enough to break it.
> Not sure.

It is: From my .bash_history:
 # umount /dev/md10
 # tunefs.lustre --param mdt.quota_type=ug /dev/md10
 # mount -t lustre /dev/md10
 --> broken <--

> As I mentioned, you would not normally specify the mkfs/first-mount NIDs
> as failover parameters, as they are added automatically by Lustre.

Ok, good to know.
Currently everything seems to work fine (again):
Failover still works on the MDS and all OSS, but i still have no idea
why tunefs broke it or/and why it worked with both NIDs.

  ++unsolved_mysteries;

Regards,
 Adrian

--
 RFC 1925:
   (11) Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and