[Lustre-discuss] robinhood error messages

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Tue Nov 23 11:20:33 PST 2010

Hi all,

we are running robinhood (v2.2.1) on our 1.8.4 cluster (basically to
find out where and who the big space consumers are - no purging).

Robinhood sends me lots and lots of messages (~100/day) of the type

 > ===== FS scan is blocked (/lustre) =====
 > Date: 2010/11/23 20:05:22
 > Program: robinhood (pid 4826)
 > Host: lxb310
 > Filesystem: /lustre
 > A thread has been inactive for 3660 sec
 > while scanning directory /lustre/....

This seems to indicate some trouble accessing certain directories on the
node where robinhood is running. However, this is independent of the
node, and at the same time we neither see any issues / slowness/
connectivity problems nor get any user complaints of the like.

So I wonder whether anybody else is using robinhood and has seen similar
messages.

Regards,
Thomas