[Lustre-discuss] [robinhood-support] robinhood error messages

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Wed Nov 24 08:58:04 PST 2010

On 24.11.2010 15:17, LEIBOVICI Thomas wrote:
> Thomas Roth wrote:

>  > > ListMgr | DB query failed in ListMgr_Insert line 340...
>  > and assorted messages, which seem to indicate that the new robinhood
>  > scan tries to put something into the DB that is already there, and
>  > stumbles on this. Or maybe that happens when several robins are
>  > running simultaneously.
> Are you running several instances for scanning the same filesystem??

Well, yes, tried that also. Actually I was under the impression that
this is a feature of Robinhood - of course, now that I am looking for
this in the documentation I can't find it.

But these errors from the DB definitely did arise first when I restarted
robinhood anew after some changes (location of log file, debug level,
...) in the config file. But since there was no change in the robinhood
version, I did not empty the database. After this restart, I immediately
got a lot of
 > 2010/11/04 11:27:45 robinhood[1489/4]: EntryProc | Error 3 performing
database operation.
 > 2010/11/04 11:27:45 robinhood[1489/8]: ListMgr | DB query failed in
ListMgr_Insert line 340: pk='54051386:6D286C', code=3: Duplicate entry
'54051386:6D286C' for key 1

I suppose this is something that should not happen when one is feeding a
database?

Cheers,
Thomas