[Lustre-discuss] Root Squash

Deon Borman deon at blackginger.tv
Fri Nov 26 00:46:26 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm running Lustre 1.8.4 and configured root squash as follows on the
MDS/MGS:

tunefs.lustre --param "mdt.rootsquash=1500:513" --param
"mdt.nosquash_nid=192.168.0.29 at tcp0" /dev/sdb

It's working as expected, but I find myself in a position where it would
be convenient to have an extra client with no root squashing. However,
as far as I can determine from the manual, there's no way to configure
multiple NIDs. Experimenting with lctl set_param seems to verify my
suspicions. Am I missing something, or am I really limited to only one NID?

Thanks,
Deon