[Lustre-discuss] Strange messages from samba

Johann Lombardi johann.lombardi at oracle.com
Tue Oct 5 05:18:19 PDT 2010

Hi David,

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 12:09:21PM -0500, David Noriega wrote:
> Moved our samba server to use Lustre as its backend file system and
> things look like they are working, but I'm seeing the following
> message repeat over and over
>
> [2010/10/04 11:09:40, 0] lib/sysquotas.c:sys_get_quota(421)
>  sys_path_to_bdev() failed for path [.]!
[...]
> Any ideas?

A quick google search shows that others - who don't export a lustre fs - get the same error message, so i would recommend to try the samba mailing list instead.
That being said, if samba tries to access quota information through standard quotactl(2) calls, it cannot work since Lustre has its own quota administrative interface (see llapi_quotactl(3)).

HTH

Cheers,
Johann