[Lustre-discuss] New lustre-community mailing list

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Wed Oct 13 12:08:29 PDT 2010

Hello All,
I'd like to announce the creation of a new lustre-community at lists.lustre.org mailing list.  After discussions with the various Lustre parties in the community, we thought there should be a new list to focus the "meta" discussion related to Lustre development in the community, such as how feature design, code development, patch contribution, and landing is coordinated, and how to test the resulting code, test harnesses for simplifying this, the mechanics of code inspections, etc.

We'd like to keep this high-level discussion separate from the technical and code-specific discussions on lustre-devel, and the usage questions and general discussion on lustre-discuss.

I think we all agree that maintaining the quality of the Lustre codebase going forward is important to everyone, so I hope we can have a productive discussion.

Lustre Technical Lead
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.