[Lustre-discuss] vanilla kernel with 2.0 version

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Wed Oct 20 08:57:34 PDT 2010

I assume your question is related to the server, since clients generally work with vanilla kernels.

We are working on the RHEL6 2.6.32 for Lustre 2.1 (available in bugzilla), and I'd hope that this will also work fairly well with the vanilla 2.6.32 kernel.

There are no plans to add support for a particular vanilla kernel. That said, if you are interested to work on this then I'd recommend to look at the kernel patch reduction instead of just porting the existing patches. That will allow Lustre servers to work with any kernel instead of continuing the need for patches specific to each kernel.

Cheers, Andreas