[Lustre-discuss] controlling which eth interface lustre uses

Brian J. Murrell brian.murrell at oracle.com
Thu Oct 21 07:35:41 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 10:29 -0400, Brock Palen wrote:

> We could do this, the 10Gb drivers have been such a pain for us we wanted to have a 'back door' management network to get to the box should we have issues with the 10Gb driver.

If you really do want two separate networks, one for Lustre and one for
management, they why not configure them as separate networks with
different subnets?  Anything else is just going to confuse the routing
engine.

I think "at best" two interfaces on the same subnet is going to cause
indeterminate behaviour.

b.