[Lustre-discuss] sgpdd-survey provokes DID_BUS_BUSY on an SFA10K

Michael Kluge Michael.Kluge at tu-dresden.de
Fri Oct 22 02:02:42 PDT 2010

Reducing the queue depth from the default of 32 to 8 did not help. It
looks like this problem always shows up when I am writing to more than
one region. 2 regions and 2 threads are enough to see the problem. The
last tests that succeeds is 1 one region and 16 threads. 1/32 is not
being tested.

Michael

Am Freitag, den 22.10.2010, 10:48 +0200 schrieb Michael Kluge:
> Hi list,
>
> DID_BUS_BUSY means that the controller is unable to handle the SCSI
> command and is basically asking the host to send it again later. I had I
> think just one concurrent region and 32 threads running. What would be
> the appropriate action in this case? Reducing the queue depth on the
> HBA? We have Qlogic here, there is an option for the kernel module for
> this.
>

> Regards, Michael

Michael Kluge, M.Sc.

Technische Universität Dresden