[Lustre-discuss] sgpdd-survey provokes DID_BUS_BUSY on an SFA10K

Bernd Schubert bs_lists at aakef.fastmail.fm
Fri Oct 22 06:03:30 PDT 2010

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I really do not have the time to port
this version to your kernel version.

I remember that you use Debian. But I guess you are still using a SLES kernel
then? You could ask Suse about it, although I guess they only do care about
SP1 with 2.6.32-sles now. If you use Debian Lenny, the RHEL5 kernel should
work (and besides its name, it is internally more or less a 2.6.29 to 2.6.32
kernel). Later Debian and Ubuntu releases have a more recent udev, which
requires at least 2.6.27.

You could also ask our support department, if they have any news for 2.6.27.
I'm in Lustre engineering and as we only support RHEL5 right now, I so far did
not care about other kernel versions too much.

If all doesn't help, you will need to set the queue depth to 1, but that will
also impose a big performance hit :(

Cheers,
Bernd

--