[Lustre-discuss] finding clients that is opening/closing files

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Tue Oct 26 12:10:14 PDT 2010

I have wat I think is a badly behaving user, look at
/proc/fs/lustre/mds/nobackup-MDT0000/stats

The open/close counters are running about 1000/s,

I would like to track down what clients this is coming from and knock the users about fixing there code that are doing this.

how does does look at 'stats by node'  do I need to look at all clients?  Or can I get this information from the mds?
Thanks!

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing