[Lustre-discuss] Lustre install

Jagga Soorma jagga13 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 10:37:04 PDT 2010

Hey Guys,

I have been having a lot of trouble with the sles 11 kernel that lustre
1.8.4 supports.  I tried downgrading the kernel and the lustre client
(1.8.1.1) but the kernel-ib provided modules had some problems with my hca.
The newer kernel-ib package that comes with lustre client 1.8.4 did not have
any issues.  Would it be possible for me to build/install my own ofed
package and install just the lustre client rpms?  Do you see any issues with
this setup?  Or should lustre be built from scratch all together?

Thanks,
-J