[Lustre-discuss] Lustre install

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Oct 28 07:09:18 PDT 2010

>Okay, so I ran a depmod and then tried again.  I am now running into these
>error messages:
>--
>node205:/etc/modprobe.d # modprobe lustre
>WARNING: Error inserting osc
>(/lib/modules/2.6.32.12-0.7-default/updates/kernel/fs/lustre/osc.ko):
>Input/output error

You should in /var/log/messages or in dmesg; that should show you the "real"
error.  I suspect there will be a lot of them, so you probably want to go
back to find the first error messages which will likely be the most useful
one.

If I had to take a guess with my crystal ball ... I think your problem might
be symbol version mismatches between the version of OFED Lustre was compiled
against versus the version of OFED that is installed.

--Ken