[Lustre-discuss] Announce: Lustre 2.0.0 is available!

Andreas Dilger andreas.dilger at oracle.com
Thu Sep 9 08:37:13 PDT 2010

On 2010-09-09, at 4:53, Mag Gam <magawake at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the future releases, will the client ever be part of the stock
> kernel?

There are no current plans to do this, due to the huge amount of work needed, and the fact that it probably wouldn't be accepted without removing all of the portability API needed to work on Windows, MacOS, Solaris.

> What is the status of SNS? This is an important feature for
> many people and it seems people are are shying away from Lustre and
> going to other solutions solely based on this feature.

I hear your comments, but it isn't on the immediate horizon. There is groundwork for this done in the HSM project, and them it will be possible to begin to work on this feature.