[Lustre-discuss] lnet router tuning

Michael Kluge Michael.Kluge at tu-dresden.de
Fri Sep 10 07:23:46 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a Lustre 1.8.3 setup where I'd like to some lnet router
performance tests with routing between DDR IB<->10GE networks. Currently
I have three nodes, one with DDR IB, one with 10GE and one with both
that does the routing. A first short lnet test shows 520-550 MB/s
performance.

Has anyone an idea which of the variables of the lnet module are worth
playing with to get this number a bit closer to 1GB/s?

parm:           tiny_router_buffers:# of 0 payload messages to buffer in
the router (int)
parm:           small_router_buffers:# of small (1 page) messages to
buffer in the router (int)
parm:           large_router_buffers:# of large messages to buffer in
the router (int)
parm:           peer_buffer_credits:# router buffer credits per peer
(int)

The CPU on the router node is less utilized than it was when I did back
to back 10GE tests. I have 6 cores in the machine, 5 have been idle and
one showing a load of about 60%.

Michael

--

Michael Kluge, M.Sc.