[Lustre-discuss] quick question on enabling quotas

Michael Barnes Michael.Barnes at jlab.org
Mon Sep 13 06:25:00 PDT 2010

Hello,

I'm new to lustre and I've got a test system set up (1.8.1.1), I've run
quotacheck and quotaon (redundant??), and when I reboot the system, lustre
says that quotas are not enabled.  I enabled user/group quotas at fs creation
time.  Quotas work as expected before rebooting.

I've mounted the mdt/mgs and each of the osts as ldiskfs filesystems
and I can see the quota files (lquota_v2.group and lquota_v2.user).

The documentation says that there is nothing necessary to enable quotas
at mount time.  I've got to be missing something simple, but I don't
know what that is at this time.

What do I need to do to get quotas to survive a reboot?

Thanks,

-mb

--