[Lustre-discuss] ls does not work on ram disk for normal user

Michael Kluge Michael.Kluge at tu-dresden.de
Wed Sep 22 02:12:29 PDT 2010

Ahh. This user has different UIDs on the clients and the server. Do they actually have to be the same? I thought the MDS and the OSS servers just store files with the uid/gid as reported by the client. I did not assume that the servers need to map these UIDs to a user name.

Michael

--

Michael Kluge, M.Sc.

Technische Universität Dresden