[Lustre-discuss] need help debuggin an access permission problem

Fan Yong yong.fan at whamcloud.com
Fri Sep 24 08:59:55 PDT 2010

  In fact, the issues occurred when MDS does the upcall (default
processed by user space "l_getgroups") for user/group information
related with this RPC, one UID for each upcall, and all the
supplementary groups (not more than sysconf(_SC_NGROUPS_MAX) count) of
this UID will be returned. The whole process is not nothing related with
single user or not. If it is the improper configuration (of LDAP) for
some user(s) caused the failure, you have to verify all the users one by
one.

Cheers,
Nasf