[Lustre-discuss] [wc-discuss] Re: Random OST Numbers chosen in a stripe

Cory Spitz spitzcor at cray.com
Thu Aug 4 07:26:36 PDT 2011

Hi, Roger.

Forcing RR all the time by setting qos_threshold_rr to 100 still won't
necessarily allow sequential OST stripe placement.  There is a set order
when specifying a starting OST.  The following bugs track related issues
with stripe allocation.

bz 20844: Can round-robin allocation be based on ost number?
	- this one essentially asks if stripes can land on sequential
	  OSTs as you asked
bz 21528: round-robin allocation not working as expected when a start
	  ost index is specified.
	- this one tracks a bug where two stripes used the same OSS
	  when it should not
bz 18547: optimize QOS RR allocator
	- this one tracks enhancements to the stripe allocators

Thanks,
-Cory