[Lustre-discuss] New to Lustre, test install.

Ray Muno muno at aem.umn.edu
Tue Aug 9 09:20:30 PDT 2011

Now that I have located what I want to do a Lustre deployment test, I am
running in to a few issues.

(If there is a searchable archive for this mailing list, I would have
started there. I only found it archived by date).

I have a fresh install of CentOS 5.6.

I installed Lustre from the pre-built RPM's available on Whamcloud's
server.

I followed the "Walk-thru- Deploying a Lustre pre-built kernel" which
seems to be a bit out of date.  There are some errors on this page
relative to installation of Ldiskfs. The section seems to be an edited
clone of the Lustre Modules section.

http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Walk-thru-+Deploying+a+Lustre+pre-built+kernel

 From there I went to testing.

http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Testing+a+Lustre+filesystem

When I run the test suite, as indicated, I do not get very far.

# /usr/lib64/lustre/tests/llmount.sh
Stopping clients: nike-lustre-oss-0-0.local /mnt/lustre (opts:)
Stopping clients: nike-lustre-oss-0-0.local /mnt/lustre2 (opts:)
lnet.debug=0x33f1504
lnet.subsystem_debug=0xffb7e3ff
lnet options: 'networks=tcp0 accept=all'
Formatting mgs, mds, osts
Checking servers environments
Checking clients nike-lustre-oss-0-0.local environments
Setup mgs, mdt, osts
Starting mds: -o loop  /tmp/lustre-mdt /mnt/mds
lnet.debug=0x33f1504
lnet.subsystem_debug=0xffb7e3ff
lnet.debug_mb=24
error: set_param: writing to file /proc/sys/lnet/debug_mb: Invalid argument

-Ray Muno
  University of Minnesota