[Lustre-discuss] Swap over lustre

Phil Sharfstein psharfstein at vrinc.com
Thu Aug 18 11:37:36 PDT 2011

Since you are considering other options, I would recommend NBD swap for this type of minimal swapping application.  Look at the Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) implementation using nbdswapd, a simple inetd-driven script that creates and exports NBD swap spaces.  We have been using this successfully on our diskless nodes for several years.

You can grab the nbdswapd script for the server-side and the ltsp-init-common script for an example client setup from any of the latest LTSP binary distributions.

-Phil