[Lustre-discuss] Packates for Ubuntu-10.04 LTS accting as a Lustre server

Ramiro Alba raq at cttc.upc.edu
Thu Dec 15 05:32:50 PST 2011

Hi all,

I've made available an Ubuntu repository:

In /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.cttc.upc.edu/ubuntu lucid main

Repository key is at:

http://www.cttc.upc.edu/ubuntu/keys/cttc-public.gpg

To install key:

apt-key add <file>
apt-get update
apt-get install lustre

With this procedure you will install lustre-2.1.0, but there are also
available 1.8.5 an 1.8.7.wc1 versions with the corresponding kernels
that you can install with dpkg.

This implies using SLES11SP1 (1.8.5 version) and RHEL6.1 kernels
compiled and patched (when needed) in Ubuntu 10.04.
There are also available at the repository, packages for OFED 1.5.3.1
and collectl for monitoring (very handy for Lustre)

I am currently using Lustre 1.8.5 (with SLES11SP1) with 128 nodes on
Infiniband 1.4.2 and 2 OSSs with 8 OSTs of 8 TB. It is very stable. I am
adding 40 additional nodes in the next month (I hope) using IB QDR and
lustre 1.8.7.wc1 on them (test have made seems to be stable), but
keeping lustre 1.8.5 on servers. People in UPC (http://www.upc.edu) are
starting to use lustre 2.1.0 packages on Ethernet and it seems to be
stable.

I hope myself to be migrating to lustre 2.X next year with Ubuntu 12.04
LTS, but this time I prefer to stay on 1.8.X

Use all that packages
(sources are at http://www.cttc.upc.edu/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/source)
at your own risk, but I will be happy to receive some feedback about the
matter.

Thanks to 'Bernd Schubert' that sent to me how to make these lustre
packages in a non very Debian policy aware, but effective to use.

Regards

--
Ramiro Alba

Centre Tecnològic de Tranferència de Calor
http://www.cttc.upc.edu

Escola Tècnica Superior d'Enginyeries
Industrial i Aeronàutica de Terrassa
Colom 11, E-08222, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Tel: (+34) 93 739 86 46

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,