[Lustre-discuss] Client behind Router can't mount with failover mgs

Michael Kluge michael.kluge at tu-dresden.de
Sun Dec 18 23:41:17 PST 2011

Hi list,

our mgs server (Lustre 1.6.7) failed and we mounted it on the failover node. Our clients (1.6.7) on the same IB network are still functional. We have exported the fs via a Lustre/10GE router to another cluster with a patchless 1.8.5. The router works , we can ping around and get the usual protocol errors. But mounting the fs from the failover node does not work on these clients. Is this expected or is this supposed to work?

Regards, Michael

--
Dr.-Ing. Michael Kluge

Technische Universität Dresden