[Lustre-discuss] Where to download Lustre from since 01 Aug?

Charland, Denis Denis.Charland at imi.cnrc-nrc.gc.ca
Mon Dec 19 08:38:20 PST 2011

> As in "there are some different patches in our 1.8.7-wc1 release than in Oracle's 1.8.7 release, because we made > our 1.8.7-wc1 release on Oct 31, 3 months after our 1.8.6-wc1 release, but Oracle just tagged their 1.8.7 release > this week".
>
> We do monitor each others releases to keep the patch differential to a minimum.

Thanks for the info Andreas.

For the benefit of the Lustre community, could you briefly explain how the Lustre development is done at both Oracle and Whamcloud? Is the Oracle release the "Official Lustre release"?

I've been using Lustre on our clusters for about 4 years now. I began with release 1.6.3 that was developed by Cluster File Systems (aka CFS) at that time. Later Sun bought CFS then Oracle bought Sun and now there is Whamcloud involved. Not always easy to follow.

Cheers,

Denis